This lesson plan is written for the text, Hey, That's My Monster using the comprehension strategies summarize and comment.
Our Comprehension Lesson Plans
These lesson plans include everything you need to guide your students through a gradual release of real thinking about meaningful text. We have selected texts that are engaging and high quality and can be used with a variety of grades. Teacher talk and thinking are included to save you hours of time and preparation. We hope these lessons will help invigorate your comprehension instruction.
Included with each lesson:
• Clear objectives
• Before, During, and After reading instruction
• Concept introduction
• Strategy instruction with gradual release
• Filled-in Graphic Organizer for the teacher
• Blank Graphic Organizer for students (Small boxes and larger boxes option.)
• Vocabulary cards
• Discussion cards
• Note taking pages
• Writing response sheet
NEWLY INCLUDED ITEMS!
* Vocabulary Introduction Instruction
* Comprehension Strategy Posters
* Blank Teacher Lessons Plans that match the strategy to use for other texts
* Blank Student Graphic Organizers that match the strategy to use for other texts
Download our FREE editable vocabulary cards, discussion cards, and writing response sheet to allow you to customize the lesson to your preference!