With summer in full swing and kids excited about day long trips to the Zoo for some sun & fun! Check out our blog for some fun ideas
Here is a video for the lesson https://youtu.be/L2qSZDdhyeM
Subscribe to our newsletters at http://www.littlecodeninja.com to get free CODEABLES (coding lessons) for this game and many others.
Story: When we created our beautiful fish tank, we brought home a really hungry fish! Our Fish is hungry all the time! We decided to create a game to feed it. We also want to see how many worms the fish can eat in a minute. If it eats a lot, then we can feed it less next time. If it eats a little bit, then we need to give it more. We want to make sure our fish gets plenty of food like it did in the sea. Enjoy playing!
Learning Goals – Learn Math, Reading, Logic and Programming
Scratch Functions used here - Motions, Controls Loops, Events, Operators, Variables, Sound & Looks.
Key Game components mastered
* Learn to create a chase game
* Keep score of worms eaten
* Create a timer. Use it to compare score between players. How many worms/minute eaten?
* Create communication. Send /Receive Messages to fulfill an action
* Create Animation for fish to eat worm
* Create life like movements for worm & fish
* Use conditions and loops to make the worm disappear when eaten and appear again on the screen