Also included in
- Understanding informational text can be challenging, but this discounted task card bundle will make is so much easier (and more fun!). You can use these task cards at literacy centers, in games, or with the whole class. All these sets come with Digital Options!What's included:Nonfiction Text Feature$7.75$9.75Save $2.00
- These 10 sets of task cards are a great way to try a variety of different task cards presented in several different formats. You are likely to find it useful if: -You have never used task cards, but would like to try-You have switched grade levels from primary to upper elementary (grades 3-5)-You wo$23.56$33.56Save $10.00
- This bundle contains Informational Text Structure task cards in two formats: Traditional printable task cards and digital Boom Cards! If you want to offer students multiple formats, you can save 40% by buying the Boom and Traditional version together. * Please note that the content for both products$3.68$6.13Save $2.45
- Huge discounted bundle of 22 sets of Reading Strategy Task Cards! Each card features a short, curriculum-based and/or high-interest passage, along with a text-dependent question or prompt. Challenge cards are also included to extend the learning, as well as student response sheets, and answer keys.$57.48$78.20Save $20.72
- These 8 sets of task cards have been classroom-tested by tens of thousands of teachers. Each card features a short, curriculum-based and/or high-interest passage, along with a text-dependent question or prompt. Challenge cards are also included to extend the learning. There are also answer keys. In$24.86$30.86Save $6.00
- This huge bundle of task cards includes reading skills and strategies, figurative language, vocabulary, sentence building and punctuation, parts of speech, affixes and roots, writing prompts, and plenty of overall ELA test prep and review. There are 107 products in this bundle, but you will get clos$273.72$373.72Save $100.00
- If you're teaching informational text structures, this 5-pack bundle will provide the reference materials and practice opportunities your students need. Whether your students are learning with pencil and paper or with devices, we have you covered.Save 30% off the regular price!What's Included?Our be$7.76$11.09Save $3.33
These 32 Informational text structure task cards are designed to help your students practice identifying different non-fiction text structures. Five text structures are used: description, sequence (sometimes called chronological), compare and contrast, cause and effect, and problem and solution. Each card features a short informational paragraph (with signal words and phrases included) and a choice of text structures. There is also a Challenge Card that can be used with any other card in the set which asks students to explain how they found the correct answer.
- 32 Printable Task Cards
- 32 Printable Task Cards with Multiple Choice
- Google Slides Digital Version
- TpT Easel Activity Digital Version
- Self-Checking Easel Assessment Digital Version
- Student Reference Printable
- Recording Sheets
- Answer Key
Click the preview button to see the resource in greater detail.
Blackline versions of the cards are also included for printing on colored paper.
For a reference, there is a handout/poster explaining the five structures. There's also a student answer sheet and answer key so that students can check their work. These task cards will work well for test prep, reading strategy centers, partner work, or with the whole class using a game like Scoot.
About the Author
These passages were written by me, Rachel Lynette. I am a published author of over 120 nonfiction books for children on a variety of subjects, as well as several teacher resource books. I have written for publishers such as Harcourt, Thompson-Gale, Rosen, Children’s Press, Evan-Moor, Kagan, and several others. These passages reflect more than a decade of professional writing experience.
This product is happily brought to you by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack of Minds in Bloom