Do your students LOVE conducting science experiments, but always seem to struggle with the name of the tools they're using or how to use them properly? Do they have difficulty writing conclusions or are simply missing the connection between science and their every day lives?
If so, then this unit might be just the thing you're looking for! This unit focuses on answering the questions "Why is science important?, What is the scientific method?, and What tools do scientists use?" It goes into detail teaching students how to carry out the scientific method and how to use science tools correctly.
In this 120 page unit you will find the following:
* Science Notebook Cover Page (Sized for Interactive Notebook)
* Unit Cover Page "Practicing Science" (Sized for Interactive Notebook)
* Teaching Tidbits
* 11 page informational text booklet
* 11 page informational text in full page format in case you rather give students a page a day, etc... (same text as booklet)
* 3 Quick Checks to assess students’ understanding throughout the unit with Answer Keys
* 3 page Unit Assessment with Answer Key
* Science Tools Assessment (with pictures of tools) with Answer Key
* Science Tools Assessment (with description of tools) with Answer Key
* 11 Picture Vocabulary Cards
* 1 Blank Vocabulary Card
* 5 Flaps to record notes throughout the unit.
* 4 Writing Prompts (half sheet and full sheet sizes)
* 8 practice pages teaching students how to use difference science tools correctly hand lens, ruler, thermometer, stopwatch, balance scale, beaker, graduated cylinder, and spring scale. (Half sheet and full sheet sizes)
* Directions, sample pictures, and write up for 3 experiments so that students can practice the scientific method and how to properly use science tools.
* 8 posters (Scientific Method & Safety Rules)
If you like what you see then you might be interested in some of my other science resources. Click on the links to take a look!
Solar System Craft-ivity
Download the preview for more details and a sneak peek!!:
*** How to get TPT credits to use on future purchases ***
Go to your "My Purchases” page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a "Provide Feedback” button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can leave a quick rating and a short comment about the product. Why is feedback so important? Each time you provide feedback, you’ll earn TPT credits that can be applied to future purchases to save you money! Plus, the feedback you provide helps us make products that better suit your needs!
*** How to Follow Our Store ***
Click the green star beside our name at the top of this page OR at the top of our store page. Following us notifies you when we post a new item.
Connect with me
Copyright ©MoreTime2Teach. All rights reserved by author. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clip art and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom or personal use ONLY.