Also included in
- Are you looking for hands-on, engaging, real-world, and experiential high school biology projects, specifically focused on high school ecology, conservation, and wildlife topics? This bundle is for you. It includes a variety of experiential learning activities around the theme of wildlife and conser$72.40$91.00Save $18.60
This mini-bundle includes all of the templates, guiding materials, and planning materials for high school science problem-based learning curriculum as it relates to invasive species, including a problem-based learning challenge and a community action project.
Each student or small group of students will choose one invasive species that is impacting their community. They will deeply explore the problem and develop a theoretical comprehensive eradication plan. They will then coordinate a service-learning style experience. Students plan a course of action to work toward solving the invasive species problem, and then they take action.
This experience is a great way for high school students to develop essential 21st-century skills such as problem-solving. The community service and leadership elements make this experience an awesome resume builder as well.
Both of the resources in this bundle include a printable and digital version (Google Apps). The resources are not editable at this time.
This bundle includes:
Bundle Part 1 - Problem-Based Learning
- Teacher guide
- Student guide
- Research planner
- Solutions exploration guide
- Presentation Outline
Bundle Part 2 - Community Action Project
- Teacher guide
- Two project proposals (1 - research the issue, 2- take action)
- Exploring solutions brainstorming guide
- Rubric 1: teacher-created rubric for project part 1 - researching the issue
- Rubric 2: student-generated rubric template for project part 2 - taking action
- Category and levels of mastery word banks for student-generated rubrics
- Daily check-in form
- Project reflection guide sheet
- Science Problem-Based Learning Curriculum: Water Pollution
- Biodiversity Loss Community Action Project
Free Resources to Assist with this Experience:
- Problem-Based Learning Curriculum Implementation Spreadsheet - Plus other free experiential learning tools
Blog Posts for PBL Guidance:
- How to Implement Community Action Projects in Four Easy Steps
- How to Make Learning Real-World, Relevant, and Authentic
Interested in new resource alerts, freebies, tips, tricks, and more?
- Click the green star to get email notifications about updates, new resources, sales, and freebies.
- Join my newsletter.
- Find me on my blog – Experiential Learning Depot
- Let's get social! Experiential Learning Depot on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook.
- Join the experience in my Facebook Group - Experiential Learning Community for k-12 Teachers
Earn TPT Credits:
Follow Experiential Learning Depot and earn TpT credits by giving feedback on this product. A sincere thank you for your business. Feel free to contact me through email at any time with questions on this product - firstname.lastname@example.org
Cover Font Credit: Mr. FISK Fonts