Studying inventors is a great way to help students develop a healthy growth
mindset. Inventors faced lots of setbacks, but they never gave up! Use this unit study to reinforce the idea that these famous people were constantly inspired to keep trying new ideas, and if one thing did not work, they tried something else and just kept on practicing until it worked - and their hard work changed the world!
This packet consists of the following sections:
1. Inventor Report: Print this page as many times as needed to cover each inventor you study.
2. Your Own Invention: As students learn about the creative ideas that inspired these inventors to try new things, talk to them about what inventions they would like to make. Print this page as many times as needed to capture their ideas.
3. Timeline: Use these pages to help focus in on 6 famous inventors. Print the following blank page to use as many times as needed to fill in your own choices of inventors and inventions.
4. Memory Game: Print and cut out these cards. Use the blank cards to fill in your own inventors. Try matching the inventors to the inventions, or use the cards to play a memory game.
5. Inspirational Quotes: 5 posters based on encouraging quotes by famous inventors.
See my full blog post here
for more information about how to help kids develop a growth mindset through studying Inventors, as well as links to a free review activity on Alexander Graham Bell and other recommended reading for good biographies on Inventors.
See the free review activity here:
See the full product here:
Free review activity on Alexander Graham Bell