Inverse Functions Lesson | Warm-Up | Guided Notes | Homework
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Functions and Graphs (Unit 3) introduces students to the basics of functions, including operations, inverses, parent functions, transformations, and piecewise functions. Future units will also include bonus function lessons to build on function concepts, such as domain restrictions, and explore morePrice $20.00Original Price $29.00Save $9.00
- This GROWING bundle will include all of my Algebra 2 units!Each unit will include the following:Learning Targets, Video Warm-ups, Guided Notes, Practice, Homework, Real World Applications (some units), Quizzes, Study Guide, and Test The following units will be included in this bundle:Unit 1 - AlgebrPrice $210.00Original Price $321.00Save $111.00
In this lesson, students explore and discover inverse functions. Students preview the lesson by watching a short video on YouTube and then come to class with some prior knowledge. This lesson includes a video link, a warm-up, notes, and homework.
The concepts covered are:
• Inverse functions defined
• Inverse functions reflect over the line y=x
• Domain and range
• Create an inverse function given a function
• Composition of inverse functions (equal x)
Students enjoy this way of learning because they figure the concepts out for themselves! This is a great lesson for students to work on individually, with a partner, or even as a substitute lesson.
Please take a look at the preview to find out more information about this resource.
This is a lesson from my Algebra 2 Curriculum:
Check out more lessons:
Order of Operations and Expressions
Radicals: Simplifying and Operations
Inequalities: Multi-Step and Compound
Absolute Value Equations and Inequalities
Transformations of the Absolute Value Function
Variation - Direct, Inverse, Joint, and Combined
© Algebra and Beyond
This product is intended for personal use in one classroom only. For use in multiple classrooms, please purchase additional licenses.