This set of 100 kindergarten riddle cards for the hundred chart
will keep your little learners engaged and thinking all year! Each of the cards has a three clue riddle whose answer is a number from 1 to 100.
The cards can be used in so many ways!
• Expand your calendar activities
by solving one or more riddles
each day and using the answers to build a hundred chart.
• Start a lesson with a warm-up riddle to build number sense
• Riddles are a great way to review math vocabulary
• Make this riddle set part of your 100th Day celebration
• Practice identifying key details
by modeling how riddles are
solved. This will lay the foundation for comprehension skills like
making inferences and drawing conclusions
• Got a spare moment to fill? A riddle makes a great sponge activity!
• After you’ve completed a few riddles, your students will enjoy writing riddles
together. What a fun way to bring math into shared writing
• Make solving a riddle part of your Morning Meeting activities.
This resource includes…
• One hundred riddle cards, printed two to a page
• Answer Key
• A themed hundred chart
• Two gameboard style charts to record whole class progress with the riddle
cards, with each in both color and blackline versions
• Two whole class graphs to use with the riddles, each with data analysis
35 number sequence strips for 1-100.
Click here to see a short video, for a closer look at what this set includes!
Linda Nelson grants permission to the original downloader to reproduce material for his or her own classroom use only. No other part of this work may be reproduced in whole or in part by electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without permission in writing from the author.
Thanks for your interest in this resource! You’ll also like…
Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down? 10 Kindergarten Math Games
20 Kindergarten Math Partner Games
CLICK HERE to return to my store page!
Would you like to save money on future TPT purchases? It’s easy!
• Please go to your My Purchases
page. Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Just click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment about the product. Your feedback is important to me! It helps me to improve products and design the new resources you need for your classroom.
Be the first to know about my newest resources:
• Look for the star
near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower
. You’ll get an email update whenever I post a new resource. You’ll also find an occasional “Followers Only” freebie in your TpT inbox, just to say thanks!☺
Follow me on Pinterest
Primary Inspiration Blog
Primary Inspiration Teaching Resources on Facebook
Primary Inspiration on Instagram