Also included in
- READING WORKSHOP: Reader's workshop helps students build reading stamina and a life-long love of reading. This package provides you with several tools to plan, organize and assess a reader's workshop in your secondary classroom. Each product is available individually, but you save over 30% when you$58.00$81.21Save $23.21
- Secondary English teachers: this bundle will give you mini-lessons, activities, and assignments that will allow you engage your students while you teach them about:Opening linesSettingPoint of view and perspectiveConflictCharacterizationThemeSymbolism & motifSuspense and tensionThe Literary Elem$35.99$48.94Save $12.95
MINI-LESSONS THAT FOCUS ON LITERARY ELEMENTS: Whether you are doing reading workshop, independent reading, or a class novel, the mini-lessons in this package can be used to introduce or review these basic elements of fiction writing: opening lines, setting, point of view, tone, characterization, theme and author style.
After your lessons, students will explore each concept in the novels they are reading. Creative extensions will allow students to extend their understanding by experimenting with each concept in their own writing. Need more support for workshop? Check here.
NEW (August 2020): Now all of the lessons can be used via Google Drive. Look for the file called Distance Learning Options.
NEW (March 2020): A bundle of lessons on characterization designed for distance learning. Click here for details.
NEW (October 2019): Lessons on how setting, point of view and perspective work together.
NEW (Spring 2019): short skill building activities for analyzing character and theme.
I have included a rubric that you can use to assess your students’ work.
You might also like:
- Active Reading Mini-Lessons
- Character Arcs, Journeys & Archetypes
- Teaching Symbolism and Motif
- Posters for Literary Analysis