Here is my 85 page unit based on the classic fairytale, Little Red Riding Hood...a bargain at only 10 cents a page for 2 weeks of classroom learning and fun! Each learning center is aligned to Common Core Standards to save you time in lesson planning!
There are 4 literacy activities, 4 math activities, 3 games, graphic organizers, writing prompts and many pages that provide written skill practice. Lessons are designed for individual, small group and classroom learning. All of the materials are ready to laminate and cut or reproduce. Graphic organizers, games and writing prompts can be printed poster size for group use.
1. WORD WALL - 11 cards featuring story vocabulary along with a matching card set that can be cut apart or placed on a ring for use in a writing center. Includes 5 writing prompts; 4 formatted and 1 blank...
2. WHO SAID THAT? - a dialog matching activity with memorable story lines from the characters. Students match to the correct speaker. Includes recording sheet.
3. HAPPY ENDINGS - 16 cards with statements or questions from the story that students complete with the correct punctuation. Includes recording sheet.
4. CONTRACTION MATCH - 12 cards for students to match to the correct word combination. Includes recording sheet.
1. ALL ABOUT 10 - Students solve addition and subtraction problems and determine if the answer is greater, less or equal to 10. Includes recording sheet.
2. COUNT AND GRAPH - Count items from the story and graph them by quantity. Includes recording sheet.
3. TALL TREES! - Measure the forest trees to the nearest inch and order them by height. Includes recording sheet.
4. TELLING TIME - 20 cards to match to the correct time on the hour and half hour. Includes recording sheet.
*3 GAMES: Tic-Tac-Toe, Going to Grandma's House and Pack the Basket
*4 GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS: Survey, Word Web, Story Map and