Teaching the Human Body? This Lungs Minilesson will teach how the lungs work in the respiratory system to grade 2-5 scientists. Lung Model and Interactive Notebook
shows how to create a working model of a lung with interactive science notebook pages to reinforce content and help assess understanding. Vocabulary words introduced include lung, diaphragm, trachea, rib cage, exhale, inhale, and respiratory system. This is a great addition to your unit in the human body organs! Students are guaranteed to talk about this lungs lesson at home!
Materials required for the lung model: Mini Gatorade Bottle and two 10-12” Balloons per student, pair, or group.
What You Get (10 pages):
• Teacher Directions, Materials List, Extra Resources, and Tips for Making a Lung Model with Students
• Student Directions for Interactive Notebook Page
• 2 Interactive Student Sheets (Full Page Size for Larger Printers and Science Interactive Notebook Size Included)
• Photos of Model and Student Work
• Teacher Answer Key
If you like this resource, you may also like Landforms Flipbook Color Code Earth’s Land and Water Features.
• You have purchased a single teacher license allowing you to share this resource with your own students.
• This product and all parts included are copyrighted. If commercial use is desired, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• If your colleagues like my work, please send them to my TpT store or buy additional licenses for half price. here