Month 1 Contents (Summary):
10 Math Sheets, 10 Answer Keys to Math Sheets, 3 Math Tests, 3 Answer Keys to Tests, Week 1 Lesson Plan (1 pg,), Week 2 Lesson Plan (1 pg.), Week 3 Lesson Plan (1 pg.), Week 4 Lesson Plan (1 pg.)
(Contents: Detailed by Week)
Sheet 1- Addition/No Re-Grouping
Sheet 2- Addition/No Re-Grouping
Sheet 3- Subtraction/No Re-Grouping
Sheet 4- Subtraction/No Re-Grouping
Test 1- Addition and Subtraction (No Re-Grouping)
Sheet 5- Subtraction with Re-Grouping
Sheet 6- Subtraction with Re-Grouping
Sheet 7- Subtraction Mental Math
Test 2- Addition and Subtraction (with Re-Grouping)
Sheet 8- Multi-digit Addition (2-3-4)
Sheet 9- Simple Multiplication, Subtraction
Sheet 10- Place Value, Word Form, Addition and Subtraction
Test 3- Multi-digit Addition and Subtraction
Elementary Elephant Math….is More than a Worksheet !
Elementary Elephant Math - Set 1, includes a simple, yet concise set of lesson plans, to go along with the provided Math sheets. It is a spiral Math curriculum that can be used in various ways. You can easily use the Math sheets as worksheets, however, they are more than that!
1. Use each Math Sheet and test as suggested in the provided lesson plans (in a monthly format). Consecutive Math Sets (2-10) will repeat focus skills in a spiraling format, while introducing new skills in chunks.
2. Use as worksheets, like you would with any other math sheet.
3. Supplement your existing curriculum with Elementary Elephant Math.
4. Use as your Math curriculum, knowing that it is Common Core Standards based aligned.
5. Use as a Replacement Math curriculum for the Resource Room, Tutoring, Home-School or as RTI (Reponse to Intervention) support.
Set 1 begins with a review of 2nd grade Math addition/subtraction. These skills are spiraled throughout the consecutive sets as well. Math Set 1, covers the CCSS for grades 2, 3 and 4, including easy multiplication, expanded word form and place value up to the 1,000 place.
What Makes Elementary Elephant Math Different?
1. Less amount of math problems per Math Sheet
2. Repeated practice in various ways and in smaller chunks of learning spread out over time. (Spiral Math Concept)
3. No graphics, to distract from the task (-many 2nd grade level math sheets contain cute graphics, which my 4th/5th grade students viewed as “childish” looking).
Credibility & Research Based?
YES! With a Masters’ degree in Curriculum & Instruction, I used my background and current students as a guide in creating this curriculum. I could not find the specific curriculum to meet the various levels of Math needs of my 4th and 5th grade students. So I created Elementary Elephant Math! I used published textbooks as a guide, as well as the Common Core State Standards. In addition, I was inspired by research conducted by the University of Chicago, based on Spiral Math. Read more at: http://everydaymath.uchicago.edu/about/why-it-works/spiral/
I have provided a simple weekly and monthly lesson plan for you to use. Be sure to view each set and focus skills, as each will be repeated again in consecutive Math Sets.
Who is this for?
2nd, 3rd and 4th and 5th Grade students. These sheets are great for older students, who have not grasped and mastered the focus skills, yet or younger elementary students who are ready to move on. This is the first part of my Math program, which I created for my 4th and 5th grade Resource students as a Replacement Math Program. This is great for students who learn at a slower pace and need their curriculum to be focused on a small amount a skills at a time.
Elementary Elephant Math Sheets, Lesson Plans and Curriculum, created by, Andrea Chouhan, © www.elementaryelephant.com and author of www.greenbeankindergarten.wordpress.com
Clipart by: FishScraps and Room 28