Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
14.47 MB | 31 pages
Making Connections is one of the key Reading Comprehension Strategies. If students can make connections to themselves, their lives and what they see and hear around them, then that enables them to better understand what written text is all about.
This activity pack is designed to help students to make sense of and write down what connections they have made.
The Making Connections Activity pack can be printed out, posters and bookmarks can be laminated, and worksheets printed and shared with students. Use the bookmarks to remind students what connections they should be thinking of when they are reading their books.
As an added bonus, teachers and students who have GAFE (Google Apps for Education) Google accounts can click on the shared links and use the worksheets in Google Slides.
This package contains
• one with all four Making Connections; Text to Self; Text to World; Text to Text; and Text to Media
• four separate posters one for each connection
• one with all four Making Connections; Text to Self; Text to World; Text to Text; and Text to Media (one copy with background images, one without)
• four separate worksheets, one for each connection (one copy of each with background images, one copy of each without)
• 2 worksheets, one with four of the connections and one with three connections
• one with all four connections
• one with all 3 connections
• 4 bookmarks with one connection on each
8 Graphic Organizers
• Things that are different - Things that are same, one graphic organizer for each connection
• 2 ring Venn diagrams, one graphic organizer for each connection