If you're like me, I've started to use interactive notebooks with all my novel units. This is a collection of interactive notebook pages that can be used with the novel, Maniac Magee. The pages are designed to align with Common Core Standards in grades 4-6. The focus of these pages are theme, citing evidence, and point of view.
There are 15 different activities and over 41 pages including answer keys, close reading activity, book club suggestions, book levels, and parent letter introducing the novel.
Foldables & activities included in this pack:
- Before the Story Close Reading & questions
- Prereading questions
- Theme Review & examples
- Central Idea chart
- Maniac's Legend foldable
- Theme & Evidence quad-fold
- Theme flapbook
- Common Themes shutter fold
- Three different "PARCC style" Writing Prompts
- PEEL anchor chart
- PEEL flipbook for responses
- Lessons Learned flapbook
- Symbolism in Maniac Magee shutter fold
- What's a Narrator? flipbook
- Point of View mini-flapbooks
Check out the preview for a sample interactive notebook page! I've also included Common Core Standards for grades 4-6 and a complete table of contents!
Hope these can help you in your classroom!