Nadia Geddit wanted to get into her building, but she forgot the code to the lock. However, she did remember some clues about the code.
These are 5 clues about the code:
1) The sum of the fifth digit and the third digit is 14.
2) The fourth digit is one more than the second digit.
3) The first digit is one less than twice the second digit.
4) The sum of the second and third digit is 10.
5) The sum of all five digits is 30.
What 5 digits must Nadia press to make the lock open?
How would your students solve this problem? This problems puts students to the test as they figure out how to solve it using a variety of strategies. Comes complete with problem for students to work on, detailed approaches to teaching and solving the problem in a variety ways, answer key, as well as a "Do It Yourself" sheet where students can make up their own "Unlock the Code" Problem and share with one another.