Math Properties Sorting Activity: Your students will complete the equations on 21 strips, and then identify the math property they used from the list below.
- Commutative Property of Addition
- Associative Property of Addition
- Identity Property of Addition
- Commutative Property of Multiplication
- Associative Property of Multiplication
- Identity Property of Multiplication
- Distributive Property
Once students are done sorting, they cut out their strips and slide them inside the appropriate pocket. (Directions on how to make the pockets are included.)
This project can be assembled on construction paper and made into a bulletin board or hallway display. The pockets can also be glued into interactive notebooks!
Are you wondering why I chose the images with each property that I did? Check out the PREVIEW!
By Deb Hanson