Math Works is an independent math station in which students work on concepts from weeks past, to ensure their mastery of the concept.
In this station, students are asked to use their knowledge of rounding to the nearest 10 and nearest 100 to decide which number rounds to the greatest benchmark number. Students then explain their thinking with a mathematical statement. The combination of deciding and explaining allows you, the educator, to truly know if your students are mastering the concept of rounding.
This product includes:
* 4 Rounding Round Up activities
- 2-digit to the nearest 10
- 3-digit to the nearest 10
- 1 Mixed 2 and 3-digit to the nearest 10
- 3-digit to the nearest 100
- 4-digit to the nearest 100
- 1 benchmark number sort
* All activities ask students for an explanation of their thinking
* Answer Keys for each activity page
Please check out my other Rounding activities:
- Rounding Sort Out
(used for Math Works or Math with Someone)
Also, coming soon Math Works for each complete standard for third grade Common Core! (NBT will be finished first!)