Math Works is an independent math station in which students work on concepts from weeks past, to ensure their mastery of the concept.
In this station, students are asked to use their knowledge of rounding to the nearest 10 and nearest 100 to sort number cards to the correct benchmark number. Understanding that numbers, across decades, round to the same benchmark, is a tough concept for many students. This will not only help them practice, but help you, as an educator, know who needs more help mastering this concept.
This product includes:
* 4 Rounding Sort Out activities
- 2-digit to the nearest 10
- 3-digit to the nearest 10
- 3-digit to the nearest 100
- 4-digit to the nearest 100
* 4 recording sheets (one for each activity)
* 1 explanation recording sheet (used if you don't want your
students to write down their sort, but you want to know what
they are thinking.)
* Answer Key for student checking
Please check out my other Rounding activities:
- Rounding Round Up
Also, coming soon Math Works for each complete standard for third grade Common Core! (NBT will be finished first!)