If your students are having a hard time converting in metric, this chart may help.
-Excellent resource for interactive math notebooks!
- Meters, Grams, and Liters! (length, weight, volume)
It includes the slider bar for the units, a mnemonic sentence for quick memorization, and an opportunity for hands-on activity.
Print on the card-stock paper on a color printer:
1. Cut along the top and bottom lines of the tabs in the UNIT square.
2. Put the slider bar through the tabs, like in the example.
3. Write down definitions for all of the abbreviations (all group)
4. Glue into journals, take home for help, use during tests!