Products in this Bundle (8)
showing 1-5 of 8 products
This complete teaching bundle includes everything you need to teach a unit on "The Microscope" to your biology or life science students. Both printable and digital versions are included. Resources include a teaching PowerPoint, notes for teacher, guided notes outline for students, 2 lab activities, task cards, homework assignment, jeopardy review game, crossword puzzle, quiz, and Teacher Guide. It was written for my standard Biology class, and is very appropriate for your students in grades 6 - 10.
For Even Greater Savings: This complete unit bundle is included in my "Full Year Biology Curriculum Bundle." Click the link below to view this bundle.
From the engaging PowerPoint to the final unit test, this bundle contains loads of NO PREP materials that are ready to be used with your students. Many of the resources in this bundle are available in paperless digital formats for use in Google Drive, Google Classroom, Microsoft OneDrive, or similar.
What is included in this bundle? ( Items marked with ** have both printable and digital versions.)
- Microscope Powerpoint with Notes for Teacher and Student **
- Lab: The Compound Microscope
- Microscope Quiz / Test **
- Biology Lab: Diversity of Cell Structure
- Microscope Powerpoint Jeopardy Review Game
- Microscope Homework / Study Guide **
- Microscope Crossword Puzzle
- Microscope Task Cards **
I have also included a Teacher Guide that contains tips and suggestions for implementing this unit, scope and sequencing of the resources in this bundle, and alignment to NGSS.
The topics covered by these materials include:
- The Microscope Introduction: light microscope, electron microscope, simple microscope, compound microscope.
- The History of the Microscope and Early Cell Studies: Zaccharias Janssen, Robert Hooke, Anton van Leeuwenhoek
- Modern Compound Microscope: Students will label the parts of the microscope and learn the function of each part.
- Magnification and Resolution: Definition, how to calculate total magnification
- Rules for Using the Microscope
- Preparation of a Wet Mount Slide
- How to measure a specimen under both the 10x objective and the 40x objective
- The Electron Microscope: Characteristics, transmission electron microscope, scanning electron microscope, advantages and disadvantages of each
Answer Keys Included.
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well: