This selection of Inquiry activities in Excel provides teachers and students from Grades 5 to 7 with some practical 'Data and Statistics' tasks, to put into practice some of the concepts they learn about in this strand of Mathematics.
The resource includes a range of tabs, providing:
- Empty tables and an automated graphing tool for the collection of authentic data regarding pets in a class group
- A printable blank graph for hand graphing this data, should teachers require students to do so;
- A series of questions and analysis tasks, tailored to classrooms in each of rural, suburban and inner city schools, with which to interrogate the data and the graphed results;
- A general blank 'Excel Graphing Function' sheet, with which students can practice creating their own graphs and tables using Excel, with data of their choice; and
- A bonus 'Climate Graph' tool with which students can collect local and overseas climate data and automatically generate their own rainfall and temperature charts.