Missing Addends Within 20 Riddle Task Cards and Worksheets
- Easel Assessment
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This bundle of 24 math riddle sets will keep your students challenged by a wide variety of addition and subtraction topics!You'll save more than 30% over the cost of purchasing them separately when you buy these riddle sets in this bundle!Click on any of the pictures to get a closer look at the matPrice $67.25Original Price $101.25Save $34.00
- First grade teachers, independent work does NOT have to mean endless worksheets! Practice addition and subtraction through 20 with this bundle of engaging one-player games and math riddle sets. Ideal for social distancing, too! All eight of these resources can be purchased individually, but you'll sPrice $28.30Original Price $37.75Save $9.45
- Are you always on the lookout for ways to keep your students excited about math? This bundle of task cards and activities for practice with missing addends within 20 will have them begging for more... and mastering this tricky skill!These resources can be purchased separately, but you'll save 20% wPrice $10.20Original Price $12.75Save $2.55
Your students will love the fun of solving riddles while they build their math skills! This set of 24 easy prep riddle task cards plus printables to practice solving for a missing addend with sums within 20 will keep the fun in math learning in your classroom!
How these riddles work:
Choosing from four numbers on each card, your students will solve for the missing addends to eliminate three of the options. With each riddle they complete, your students will solve three missing addend number models by adding on or by subtraction– that’s 72 in all! Computation + mental math + critical thinking!
What you'll receive:
→ 24 riddle task cards, printing at four per page
→ A page for your students to write the answers to the riddles
→ The same 24 riddles in a printable worksheet format (great for multiple choice
test prep, and for lessons on writing to explain your math thinking)
→ An answer key
→ A themed 120 chart for extra support as needed
→ A math center board game that uses all of the task cards
→ A ten-question self-correcting Easel assessment
This resource is appropriate for use by first graders, second graders, or students at any grade level that need a little boost in the skill of solving for missing addends. It can be used in the school or homeschool setting, and is ideal for RTI or other math interventions.
Here are some ways that you might use these resources in your classroom:
• Use the task cards in a math center for individual or partner work.
• Use with your document camera for whole class review or to focus attention at
the beginning of a math lesson.
• Use the cards as a skills review rotation (Read the Room or Scoot), individually or
with partners, with students moving to stations around the classroom to solve the
• Use the task cards or printable riddle pages for morning “bell ringers”.
• Use the task cards as exit tickets, or just cut apart the individual strips from the
• Use as challenge work or for early finishers.
• Use as models for your students to develop their own missing addend riddles.
• Use the writing pages to develop a math/writing connection. They're a good tool to
help students at all levels prepare to explain their thinking on standardized
• The printable pages are ideal for your substitute teacher folder or to send home
as make-up work for students who were absent.
Here's what teachers like you said...
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Lindsey S. said, "Loved this resource. Loved the puzzle aspect and how they had to solve multiple problems to really just solve one box. Mwahaha loved it! " (from another fan of sneaky learning... like me! :) )
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Nancy J. said, "My struggling math kids loved these - finally I didn’t hear I hate math."
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Dianne L. said, "Great for working on students mental math skills. My students really enjoy this!"
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Ashley G. says, "... These are just perfect for our math rotation time."
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Teresa D. says, "Thank you! This was a perfect activity to practice this skill with my summer school students. The format really makes them slow down and check their computation."
Linda Nelson grants permission to the original downloader to reproduce material for his or her own classroom use only. No other part of this work may be reproduced in whole or in part by electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without permission in writing from the author.
Thank you for your interest in this resource! You’ll also like…
Missing Addends Part Part Whole One Page Games
Missing Addends Within 20 - Dogs Riddle Task Cards and Activities
Missing Addends Within 20 - Karate Riddle Task Cards and Activities
Be the first to know about my newest resources!
Click here to become a follower. You’ll get an email update whenever I post a new resource. You’ll also find an occasional “Followers Only” freebie in your TpT inbox, just to say thanks!☺
Copyright © Primary Inspiration by Linda Nelson
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you plan to share this product.