Monarch Butterflies Math Task Cards
Students will explore the life of Monarch butterflies as they are challenged with various math word problems. They will gain knowledge on this amazing creature and solve problems related to their migration and lifespan.
* based on 3rd grade TEKS (Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills)
(state mandated curriculum for Texas)
~Number, operation, and quantitative reasoning
~Patterns, relationships and algebraic thinking
~Geometry and spacial reasoning
~Underlying processes and mathematical tools
* some logical thinking problems are thrown in for added challenge
* Homework Packet
* Interactive Math Journals
* Morning Work
* Math Night
* RtI (Response to Intervention)
* Work Stations
* average 3rd grade student (mid year)
* advanced 2nd grade math student
* mathematically challenged 4th and 5th grade students
Please examine the sample problems below to be sure the reading and math level works for your class or situation.
Example of More Challenging Problem
Feeding on milkweed were several caterpillars! They totaled less than 30 but more than 10. The sum of the digits is 6 and is an even number. How many were feeding?
Example of Less Challenging Problem
A teacher gathered milkweed 4 times each day for 8 days. Which expression best shows how to determine the number of times she gathered milkweed?
A. 8 - 4 = 4
B. 4 + 8 = 12
C. 8 ÷ 4 = 2
D. 8 X 4 = 32
Please visit my Teachers Pay Teachers Store for more products.
Remember, leaving feedback earns you points towards are purchases.