Multi-Digit Addition & Subtraction Solve and Draw Printables are an easy no-prep way to make review work or practice of addition and subtraction more engaging for 2nd graders. Do your students love color-by-number or mystery picture activities? Solve & Draw activities are a similar activity that are also designed to provide practice the skills of reading math directions and place value.
How Solve & Draw Printables Work:
Students solve the addition and subtraction calculations and add to the drawing based on their answers. To keep them guessing, each problem may have one correct drawing prompt, two, or none. Each page has an average of 7 responses that require drawing. Solve & Draws are no-prep because all you have to do is print the pages, and the drawing can be done with a pencil. You may choose to allow colored pencils, crayons, or markers but they are not required. This works well as a homework option for families who may not have those supplies to offer.
Drawing prompts require a student to use multiple skills:
- Calculations – addition & subtraction, 2.NBT.B.5 and challenge pages for 2.NBT.B.7
- Vocabulary: place value
- Reading accurately and attending to detail
An optional challenge page is included that can be copied on the back of the worksheet – this gives students an extension opportunity by asking them to create a math equation that fits one of the incorrect drawing prompts or to create a math equation and their own drawing prompts.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
• Mixed Addition Solve & Draw Task Cards
• Teach It To Me: Reading Homework
• Augmented Reality Plant Life Cycle Activities
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.