Are you looking to challenge your 5th graders in math?
Do you want to stretch their thinking?
Do you need to review skills before national testing?
This unit contains 25 full-page word-problems that are multi-step, multi-skill math problems aligned to common core standards for 5th graders. They are CHALLENGING and will be a great way to review skills taught throughout the year. There is a teacher answer key with ways to solve the problems, so you can steer students in the right direction should they need help.
This packet is set up for use as a "Gallery Walk" in which students move about the room to solve problems. You can set this up any way you'd like: partner collaboration, independent work, group work on consensus boards, evaluating answers as a class, etc.
The following skills are included:
* Writing and simplifying expressions
* Order of Operations
* Fractions: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division
* Division: single and double-digit divisors with whole numbers and decimals, interpreting the remainder
* Converting Measurements
* Using a Line Plot
* Find and compare area and volume, including decimals and fractions
* Points on a coordinate plane