Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
0.12 MB | 11 pages
This download includes two lessons to help introduce multi-step word problems to small groups. Included with both lessons are the printable (PDF) materials as well as lesson ideas of how I have used these in my third grade classroom (they were a HUGE hit)
Lesson #1 includes:
- Two multi-step word problems on easy to print and cut cooperative problem solving cards (the word problem is broken into parts that have to be put back together by the students to understand what must be done)--These are easy to manage numbers for my average learners so the focus is on the problem solving and not the computation.
- A worksheet with three multi-step word problems to use as a 'check-in'/assessment for the next lesson.
Lesson #2 includes:
- Four multi-step word problems on easy to print and cut cooperative problem solving cards (the word problem is broken into parts that have to be put back together by the students to understand what must be done). I have included a different idea of how to use these more of a supported practice model as opposed to a 'lesson'.
- A worksheet for them to record their work for those four word problems.
- An exit ticket including one multi-step word problem
If you haven't done 'Cooperative Problem Solving Cards' before, this is a great way to start! It is interactive and students love to work together to figure out what the question is asking, put them in the right order, and solve them!