This print-and-go activity is a great way to integrate music into your math curriculum! The skills covered are place value, extended multiplication, comparing larger numbers, rounding, estimating products, and estimating sums.
There are 2 different ways to use this fun math activity.
Directions for Musical Math Mingle Option 1
1. Place a worksheet on each student’s desk.
2. Have students stand. Play some music as students walk around the room.
3. When the music stops, students grab a seat and work on the worksheet that is on that desk. Problems can be completed in any order. Students write their initials in the little box after completing a problem.
4. After a few minutes, play music again as a signal for students to stop working and walk about the room. Students grab a different seat when the music stops and work on the problems again. Repeat several times until all the worksheets on all desks are complete.
(If students happen to get a worksheet that is complete, they can use their turn to check answers and correct if necessary.)
5. Direct students to return to their own seats.
6. Review answers.
Directions for Musical Math Mingle Option 2
1. Give each student a worksheet.
2. Optional: Play some fun music.
3. Students walk about the room asking classmates to solve a problem on their worksheet.
4. Each student may solve up to 2 problems for another student.
5. Students write their initials in the little box after completing a problem.
6. Direct students back to their seats and review answers.
Try playing music from various cultures for either activity!
This math resource includes:
- Math Activity Worksheet
- Answer Key
- Direction Page
*Click the green star above or click HERE to follow my store and be the first to know about new products and sales!
*Did you know that you can earn FREE TpT resources by rating your purchases and earning credits?! Your feedback also helps us continue to provide quality resources for educators.
Thank you for visiting!
Fourth Grade Frenzy