Science and Engineering Practices don't always come naturally. Prepare your students to use the science and engineering practices in the classroom by using these resourceful activities. Students will be more proficient at ASKING QUESTIONS and DEFINING PROBLEMS by actually practicing it. These printables do just that--prepare students to use SEPs in your lessons and make better 21st century scientists! In this product, you will find the following activities:
- Phenomenon summaries with comprehension questions
- Observing images of phenomena, practicing asking questions/forming hypothesis
- "Phenomenon or Not?" Can you identify the phenomenon?
- "Testable or Not?" What does a testable question look like?
- "Hypothesis: Good or Bad?" What does a developed hypothesis look like?
- Matching experiments designed to answer real world questions
- Write your own observations, testable questions, and hypotheses
After using this resource in your class, your students will be ready to make clear observations, identify a phenomenon, ask testable questions, and form a hypothesis. Enjoy!