With these 20 task cards, your students will practice answering SBAC-inspired questions about writing. Each card features a short paragraph and question. These cards target the sub-standards for narrative writing:
- establishing a situation and introducing characters
- using description and dialogue to develop events
- connecting events with transitions
- using concrete and/or sensory details
- providing a conclusion
These cards are NOT writing prompts. They are selected response questions most with multiple correct answers, just like 4th-5th graders will see on SBAC. Most students struggle with the writing questions because they're not used to answering multiple choice questions about writing. Solve that problem with task cards!
Included in this packet:
- 20 task cards (4 per sub-standard)
- 6 stretch cards to challenge high-flyers
- recording sheet
- answer key
These cards are ideal for 4th-5th graders.
For opinion writing task cards, click here.
For informational writing task cards, click here.
For the writing task card BUNDLE, click here.
For more writing activities, check out performance tasks.