Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
38.42 MB | 70 pages
Complete Narrative writing unit includes EVERYTHING you need to teach narrative writing step-by-step.
Aligned with state testing with Common Core, PARRC, STAR, AIR, etc. ***OPTIONAL: Load reading stimulus, video and graphic organizers into your GOOGLE Classroom for an online testing format. (I prefer the free goformative.com giving me more flexibility for student responses and creating interactive graphic oragnizers and worksheets). Perfect for Digital Blended Learning (DBL).
You will receive:
5 EDI (easy to follow) Lesson Plans you can EDIT!
4 Powerpoints (with PDF version for small groups and anchor charts)
HOTS guide – Tiered Higher Order Thinking questioning guide for narrative writing
2 Prompts using a text based reading stimulus and video stimulus.
1. Students learn the basic features of a narrative
Explicitly teach how to describe a detailed setting
2. Continue to guide students in developing characters
3. Students build a well defined problems with descriptive events.
4. Finally, teach students how to use a reading stimulus and details from a video in their narrative writing.
5. Use your state or CCSS writing rubrics to assess student writing.
Prompt one, students learn all about owls and watch a habitat video. Then they use details from the nonfiction text and video to write a narrative.
Prompt two can be used as a teacher model or second stimulus prompt. Students learn about the Whiptail Lizard within the nonfiction text and video. Then, model and show students how to write a narrative using details from the text and video.