Number Properties include:
- COMMUTATIVE property of addition/multiplication
- ASSOCIATIVE property of addition/multiplication
- additive/multiplicative IDENTITY
- additive/multiplicative INVERSE
- DISTRIBUTIVE property over addition/subtraction
- ZERO product
5-page Interactive Notes breakdown:
- Provide definitions or leave blank for students to fill-in definitions.
- Pages 1 and 2: commutative, associate, identity properties with blank spaces to fill-in examples.
- Pages 3 and 4: inverse, distributive, zero product properties with blank spaces to fill-in examples.
- Page 5: 46 mixed-level examples (numbers, symbols, algebra) for in-class practice and/or homework. Have students copy or cut-out the entire problem and place into the blank space for each property. This allows students to see the common thread between individual properties.
- Add doodles to bring the properties to life!
Answer key included!