Looking for ways to organize your upcoming Open House?
How about a few quick, easy (to zero) prep first week activities?
Look no further!
5 Open House forms ( 7 pages total):
*Open House sign in form
*Check list for families to complete at Open House
*Student Transportation information Form
*Parent Volunteer Form
*Student Information Form
1. Open House Sign in sheet (2pages) to help keep track of all of your visitors! This will also help you remember who did not make it to Open House so you can be sure to touch base with those families, too.
2. “Forms to be Turned in Today” checklist. This form helps parents know what they need to do while at Open House. Be sure to fill in the lines instructing families where to turn the forms in BEFORE you run your copies!
3. Student Transportation form. This is vital information to have, especially for the first day of school!
4. Classroom Volunteer form. The sooner you get these forms filled out and returned, the sooner you can make your volunteer plans!
5. Student Information Sheet. This is my favorite form of all! Make sure to put the “return by date” at the top of the first page before you run your copies! You will learn a lot about your students and families with this one little form. Be sure to keep it in a very private, confidential area in your classroom. I refer back to my forms throughout the year to get phone numbers, parent names, information about student allergies… sometimes it is easier and quicker to look at a form than look it up in our online system!
4 Getting Started Forms + Activities:
*Bathroom Check in + Check Out form
*Happy Note (parent communication form)
*All About Me Bag activity form (homework option)
*My Special Name activity form (homework option)
Both activities are great ways to build classroom community by getting to know your students, while they get to know each other, too! I also find these simple yet meaningful activities to be a fun way to involve families with the classroom right away!