Your students will investigate equal parts using this hands-on math interactive notebook.
This product includes:
- Flap: read what partition means then draw a circle and partition into equal pieces
- Flapbook activity: identify if the partitioned shape is equal parts or not
- Sort: look at each shape, identify the fraction that each part equals, then identify what the shape is partitioned into (ex. halves, thirds, etc.)
- Chart activity #1: divide circles into 2, 3, and 4 parts, then identify what each part equals
- Chart activity #2: divide circles into 5, 6, and 8 parts, then identify what each part equals
- Chart activity #3: divide squares into 2, 3, and 4 parts, then identify what each part equals
- Chart activity #4: divide squares into 5, 6, and 8 parts, then identify what each part equals
What is included?
You will receive a PDF that includes directions, real-life images, answer keys, and flippable templates.
What makes these different than other interactive notebooks?
- Differentiated: This product is also differentiated for the needs and learners in your classroom, as well as your own time restraints. It includes three types of notebook pieces that allow you to choose whether your students will manually fill in the notes, fill-in-the-blanks, or to give pieces to students with the notes already filled out.
- Easy to cut: These resources are easy to cut - no trying to cut a tiny heart out for half an hour! A couple snips and students are good to go.
- Paper-saving: each piece of paper printed will be cut in half for two students.
Please email me with any questions at Kelly@Glitterinthird.com if you need more information!
Interested in more math interactive notebooks from Glitter in Third?
Multistep word problems
Comparing fractions with the same denominator
Comparing fractions with the same numerator
Equivalent fractions on a number line
Fractions on a number line
Introduction to fractions
Partitioning shapes (equal or not equal parts)
Area and perimeter
Grams and kilograms
Measuring to the nearest quarter inch
Multiples of ten
Properties of multiplication
Patterns & functions