Adaptations Support Survival.
Explore Antarctica and the adorable penguins who call it home. Students will explore the region and core standards with the following activities and lessons. Note to buyer: Several of the activities are very similar to the inquiry into The Arctic.
• Fact, Non-Fact, and Opinion
• Formative Assessment
• Literature Connection – Paper Blog the main idea from each chapter of Mr. Popper’s Penguins.
• Key Concepts to drive Inquiry: Form, Function, Connection, Causation, and Responsibility
• Form and conditions of the Biome
• Adaptations for animal survival
• Lab Page for observing changes in ice/states of matter
• Predators and Prey
• Global Warming - Causation and Responsibility
• Topic Research
• Science Vocabulary included in Concentration Game Cards
• Killer Whale
• Leopard Seal