This bundle contains three separate resources to help students practice place value. The first game, "Codebreaker," is the most basic, helping students practice identifying each column on a place value chart. The second resource contains number line worksheets that can be used in class or given for homework. The third game helps reinforce the concept of the base ten system of place value. Children will need to multiply and divide by 10 and 100 as they move up and down the place value chart. This bundle will save you 25% over buying all three products separately.
Full Product Descriptions:
This game will help children practice place value to the hundred thousands place. By asking questions that reinforce concepts such as greater than, less than, odd, and even, students will solve the mystery digit in each place value box. After playing it with your whole class, put it into a file folder math center for partners or groups of students to practice place value in a fun, group game!
This product contains:
* 2 pages of game instructions, with examples to demonstrate game play
* 1 game board, if you would prefer to laminate game sheets for re-use
Number Line Worksheets for Place Value in the Thousands
These number line worksheets are designed to help children conceptualize numbers in the thousands through hundred thousands. As students learn the value of numbers on place value charts, these number lines are a great opportunity for them to apply their skills by comparing the digits to complete the patterns. These number line worksheets also contain practice with plotting numbers in between increments.
This product contains 8 worksheets:
* 4 "Complete the pattern" number line worksheets. Each worksheet increases in complexity. You can either use these over the course of 4 days, or select which worksheets you want to save as a challenge for some of your students.
* 2 "Plot the point" number line worksheets, which help students learn to judge if a number is slightly more, slightly less, or about halfway between 2 given numbers
* 1 Summative worksheet that incorporates both of the above skills
* 1 blank number line worksheet so you can fill in your own numbers to remediate or challenge your class. You could also choose to fill in other numbers such as decimals or negative numbers later on in the year on this blank worksheet.
Power of Ten Card Game
This is a simple, fun card game that will help reinforce the concept behind the place value chart for your fourth graders. I developed this game because my fourth graders were having a hard time explaining WHY we regroup, even though it's something we practice daily on a place value chart. This game isolates the skill of multiplying by 10 or 100 and finding the resulting place value.
This product is designed to practice the following common core state standard:
CCSS.Math.Content.4.NBT.A.1 Recognize that in a multi-digit whole number, a digit in one place represents ten times what it represents in the place to its right. For example, recognize that 700 ÷ 70 = 10 by applying concepts of place value and division.
This product contains:
• Student directions
• Place value mat to the millions place
• Power Cards
To prepare, you will need to cut out the 4 cards for each player (or have students do it). You will also need 1 die per student (not included). Finally, you may want to use the sample score sheet as a model for students so they see how to represent their results.
****Files are in .PDF format****