This lesson includes a guided notes handout, practice worksheets, an exit ticket, and a next-day warm-up problem.
- Students will analyze the effect of single function transformations on the graph of quadratic, cubic, and quartic polynomials including:
- x-axis reflection
- y-axis reflection
- vertical stretch and compression
- horizontal stretch and compression
- vertical translation
- horizontal translation
- Students will describe transformations from transformed equations and graphs and write transformed equations from graphs and verbal descriptions.
This resource is in PDF format. Check out the preview for a detailed look!
- The Lesson Notes are designed for use as a note-taking guide combined with guided practice.
- Practice A and Practice B are suitable for use as in-class practice and homework. Two comparable forms are included for increased versatility.
- The Exit Ticket is designed for a quick concept check at the end of the class period.
- The Warm-Up is designed for next-day use to reinforce the previous day’s learning.
One-page display versions of the exit ticket and warm-up are included. Display the PDF page on a screen for student viewing and have students record their responses on notebook paper or scratch paper to save on printing.
Primary Standards Addressed
F.BF.3 from Common Core State Standards (CCSS)
Lesson Notes - 3 pages + key
Practice A - 2 pages + key
Practice B - 2 pages + key
Exit Ticket (4 per page printable) - 1 page + key
Warm-Up (4 per page printable) - 1 page + key
Exit Ticket (Display) - 1 page
Warm-Up (Display) - 1 page
⭐ Quadratic Function Transformation Rules Lesson
⭐ Function Transformations Book Project Guide