Do your students need motivation to master their basic multiplication facts? This program is perfect for providing students with a FUN incentive to practice that fact fluency with factors 0 through 10!
To get started, print off a class set of popcorn boxes to use as a classroom display or for students to keep in their math journals/notebooks. Then, give students the "Fast Fact" quizzes as often as you like throughout a particular unit, quarter/semester, or throughout the whole school year. Each time a student completes a quiz within one minute (or the time frame of your choice), they earn the corresponding popcorn piece to add to their box!
As students see their popcorn boxes begin to fill up, they can't WAIT to master all of their facts! It will only be a matter of time before you and your students are celebrating their success with a popcorn party!
I have also included an individual set of each Fast Fact quiz. Simply laminate a set and place on a ring for easy practice during centers, stations, or for early finishers!
The full components of Popcorn Math are:
- Directions for teacher use
- Bulletin board header/Poster for classroom display (two versions)
- Popcorn boxes for students (color & black/white versions)
- Popcorn pieces (0 through 10)
- "Fast Facts" quizzes (0 through 10)
- Tracking Sheet to easily track which students have successfully completed which quizzes
- Individual sets of quizzes for additional student practice
Each year I have used this program, my students beg for the next Fast Fact quiz!! Because the entire class is working towards a common reward, you will also see students quizzing, congratulating, and motivating each other throughout the entire process!
If you download, PLEASE leave feedback! :)
Love the idea, but interested in a different theme?
to check out my ice cream-themed program!