Practice basic math skills daily with this interactive calendar activity for SmartBoard. There are activities to cover expectations in geometry, graphing, adding, place value, temperature, money, skip counting and telling time.
Includes 8 interactive pages:
1. Calendar Page - Write the number for each day, drag the month of the year/day of the week, make a pattern with 2D or 3D shapes, write the pattern core, write the proper date and short form.
2. Weather - drag the corresponding weather symbol onto the graph and show the temperature on the thermometer. We checked the weather network online to find the actual temperature but you could also use a thermometer on your window.
3. Days of School - show the number of days we have been in school using base ten blocks and also show the number in cents and dollar value using Canadian coins.
4. Big Number of the Day - practice composing and decomposing large numbers by dragging thousands, hundreds, tens and ones together.
5. Fact Families - practice adding and subtracting with fact families using the number clouds to generate three related numbers
6. Greater Than/Less Than - practice finding the bigger or smaller number using greater than/less than symbols
7. Skip Counting - use the interactive numbers chart to count by 2s, 5s, 10s, 25s, forwards and backwards. Challenge your students to begin in various different places on the chart!
8. Telling Time - rotate the hands on the clock to show different times (also includes link to some online resources).
I have compiled this resource from a combination of great ideas and resources I have come across over the years. I used it daily in my calendar time, adding and removing pages as needed. My students loved it and it really helped to develop basic math skills through daily repetition and practice. Please let me know if you have any issues with the file. Enjoy!