These exercises were written to solve that familiar problem of; “what homework do I give during practical lessons like programming?”.
In this series of questions students are asked to consider small programming problems and design solutions using pseudocode or a programming language of their choice.
Homeworks 1 to 5 includes questions on:
- Conditional (if) Statements
- Conditional Loops
- Fixed Loops
- Calculations,(Len Function, Int Function & Power)
Additional theory questions cover:
- Input Validation
- Test Data
- Reasons for Input Validation
- Reasons for Variable Use
- Logic Problems with the Design.
Marking schemes give answers in:
1. Pseudocode and Python
2. Pseudocode and Visual Basic
My students found these a very helpful aid to their understanding of program structures and problem solving.