Also included in
Programming Secrets - Updated November 2021
This module will introduce students to common concepts that are common to all programming languages.
- Computers are exact and very picky. Spelling and punctuation matter.
- Write using comments in your native language.
- Programmers use variables.
- Languages use blocks of code -- functions/methods/subroutines
- Languages have pre-written code - API
- Languages use decision words - if/else, switch, for loops, and while loops
- Languages use data structures - ie arrays
- The print statement is the best debugging tool
- The breakpoint is the next best debugging tool
- Programming is an exact science and an art.
This module includes five formats:
1) SCORM version that can be uploaded to your LMS such as Canvas and Moodle
2) HTML version that can be uploaded to your website or LMS.
3) Microsoft Word
5) Video with narration and closed-captioning - Hosted on EduVision, an educational-safe video platform without tracking or ads.
Bonus: Two classroom activities included with this lesson.
Here is a video showing how to publish the HTML or SCORM modules to Canvas and Moodle. https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Adding-Articulate-Storyline-Tutorials-into-your-Course-Distance-Learning-3862967