Are your students anxious for prom and having trouble focusing? Play into their excitement with this graphing activity that ties in algebra concepts to prom excitement!
This activity is based on a video
* that analyzes various aspects of prom. There are 7 graphs for students to interpret and sketch.
Possible variations of this activity:
• Give students the packet and work individually
• Work on the packet in pairs/groups
• Give 7 groups each one graph for them to answer, present, and take questions/facilitate conversation amongst classmates
• Place each graph at a station and have students travel the stations to create the graphs
• Place each graph at a station and have students travel the stations in groups. Each group has 1 recorder with one graph per sheet of paper. After all groups have rotated, have groups put all their ideas together at each station. (At each station, there should be a graph representing each group.) Have students rotate back through the stations and compare/contrast interpretations.
An answer key is provided with screen shots to alert the teacher where the particular graph is in the video.
*PLEASE NOTE: View the video ahead of time. From about 1:30 – 2:30 may not be appropriate content for your classroom.
Keep up with my new products on FACEBOOK!
Keep up with my new products on PINTEREST!
Follow my blog for updates, ideas, and news!