“Pumpkin Math – Addition Word Problems" is a hands-on activity that reinforces reading, writing, and the solving of very simple addition word problems. Ten worksheets – with graphics - are included. Sums to 10.
Reference: CCSS - K.OA.A.1 and K.OA.A.2
Suggested use is for K – 1 … and any others who may benefit from the tactile-kinesthetic approach.
• Being physically engaged helps younger students succeed
• Manipulation of materials helps them build good eye-hand coordination skills, which include the fine motor skills necessary for reading and writing
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.” - Benjamin Franklin
The student will …
• Read and then TRACE the words in the addition word problem story
• Find the correct kind and number of pumpkins (ten different kinds of pumpkins are included), and then cut and paste them onto the top of the worksheet in the space provided
• Differentiation: Students may draw and color, instead of cutting and pasting
• Now, the student can write the problem and its answer on the lines shown at the bottom of the worksheet
• Last, the student will write the name of the main topic of each word problem on the line at the top of the worksheet. Ideas for naming the main topic are included
Bonus – Several extension ideas are included: How to Make Pumpkin Stick Puppets; How to Make a Pumpkin Face Mask; Pumpkin Parade and song … and more (templates are included).
To see a FREEBIE for you ... one that goes with this product, see
Pumpkins-Pumpkins-1477560 at my Funny First Grade Store.
Pumpkin math, addition word problems, Halloween math activities, sums to ten, Jack-o-laterns
Copyright © 2013 Lynda Smith Davis www.funny-first-grade-people.com
Image © Graphics Factory.com All rights reserved.