This resource contains everything you need to teach your students to develop a deep conceptual understanding of rational numbers in 7th grade. Students use exploration, inquiry, connections to previous knowledge, and real-world application to formalize rules for operating with rational numbers.
- Representing Integers in the Real-World
- Additive Inverses/Opposites Combining to Make Zero
- Absolute-Values and Distances Between Integers
- Adding/Subtracting Integers Using a Number-Line
- Adding/Subtracting Integers Using Integer Chips
- The Concepts of Adding Negative and Subtracting Negatives (a + (-b) and a – (-b) )
- Adding/Subtracting All Rational Numbers
- Creating Equivalent Expressions Using the Commutative Property and the Distributive Property.
- Multiplying and Dividing Integers and all Rational Numbers
- Converting from Fractions to Decimals and Decimals to Fractions
68 page workbook with answer key
Comprehensive Unit Exam
Puzzles, Partner Activities, Foldable, and games
3 sets of Task Cards