My vision for these activities is creating a love for books and writing, sharing what students create, including a library skill and connecting to the classroom curriculum. I want students to see themselves as authors, illustrators, creators and contributing members of a community.
Each lesson highlights a great piece of literature, connects to a library skill and the class gets a class book to add to their class library.
The bundle will include 9 lessons when complete. It is currently a growing bundle and when I add the other lessons, you get them with the update. So purchase now because once I complete the bundle, the price will go up.
The complete series will include ...
1. Mouse Went Out to Get a Snack by Lyn Rossiter - apples and part of a book cover
2. Fireman Small by Wong Yee - fire safety and nonfiction/fiction
3. Bear Says Thanks by Karma Wilson - Thanksgiving and author study
4. The Amazing Christmas Extravaganza by David Shannon - holiday traditions and creativity
5. The Knuffle Bunny Too by Mo Willems - award winning books
6. Hi! Fly Guy by Tedd Arnold - author study and how books are located in Everybody section
7. One Potato, Two Potato by Cynthia DeFelice - plants and fables
8. Billy & Milly, Short & Silly by Eve Feldman - word families & creativity
9. Dog Loves Books by Lousie Yates - the love of reading
See the preview for what is included currently!