If your students are anything like mine, they can never have enough two digit multiplication practice. However, copying problems from a textbook and doing worksheets can get really boring (not to mention all of the grading on our part!) This fun, printable lesson is a great solution! Students will love practicing multiplication while burning off some of that excess winter energy that they have around Christmas break.
Your students will become a search and rescue team to reunite the dog sled team. By completing the problems, they will find huskey dogs and get a clue to find their next problem. It can be competed in your classroom or all over the school! It would be a great way to introduce new students to all of the important places in your school.
BONUS QR CODE CARDS! For even more excitement, instead of using the written clue cards, you could use the QR code cards and have students scan the code to find their next clue. A QR code direction sheet is included in the packet. See my store for a quick look at how QR codes work.
- Adapt lesson in multiple ways to fit your needs
- Two digit multiplication practice
- Use as a pre-test, review, or final assessment
- Engages students with kinesthetic and cooperative learning
- Problem solving to find next husky
- Work in whole group, small groups, partners or individually
- Integrate technology with QR codes and tablets, iPod, iPhone, or iPad
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License