This lesson is designed to teach students to value and build respect for themselves, how to recognize things that get in the way of healthy levels of self-respect, and how to protect themselves from people who don’t treat them with respect.
This lesson includes many animations, visuals, and interactive portions, and is not the typical text-heavy PowerPoint. It's designed to keep your students engaged and retain the information longer by using visual metaphors.
Video Preview Available!
Overview of PowerPoint:
• Begins by teaching that all people have value and deserve a level of respect
• Students learn that sometimes people will not treat them with respect for various reasons (bias, insecurity, bad days) and so it is vital for them to learn to build self-respect
•They learn some of the main components of self-respect including recognizing their life has value and matters, treating themselves with love and kindness, and when possible protecting themselves from people who don’t treat them with respect.
•They learn 4 ways to build self-respect
1) Sticking to their values and standards.
2) Treating their minds and bodies well
3) Respecting their limits and learning to say no
4) Avoiding needing or seeking approval for their opinions and choices.
•It ends with interactive questions where they can test their knowledge
You may also be interested in:
Mindfulness Interactive PowerPoint
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Interactive PowerPoint