This simple machines unit is not the same as the others...this unit uses Caine's Arcade as a way to set kids up for an engineering project. It combines the typical unit, but with a twist.
This unit includes:
a simple machines unit packet cover
NGSS standards and FOSS connection explaination
Computer connection activity
Before and After sheet
Simple machines definition, picture, how it's used sheet
Caine's Arcade link and explanation of activity
Engineering design sheet
Persuasion writing activity
Simple Machines Scavenger Hunt sheet
18 simple machines pictures for hunt
answer key for hunt
past, present, future activity
Simple machines vocabulary activity and word cards
Caine's arcade planning sheet
Simple machines engineering project and scenario cards
Simple machines sort and cards with answer key
Rube Goldberg activity sheet
Simple Machines Assessment
FOSS connections for levers and pulleys
Lots of great activities and sheets to make your simple machine unit a huge success. The arcade finale is sure to please any student.
Check out my website for ideas:
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page
• Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button.
• Click it. Give a quick rating & leave a short comment for the product.
• Your feedback will give you credits to use on future TPT purchases.
• If there is a small mistake on an item, or you have suggestions/constructive criticism, please let me know under the Q and A section before leaving negative feedback! Please give me a chance to fix it and improve my product. Thanks!
☺Follow me & receive updates about my products:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo.
• Click it to become a follower.
• Voila! You will now receive email updates about new products in my store.
• My new products are 20% off the first 48 hours after going on TPT…following me will save you money
The Science School Yard can help you make science simple with: task cards, stations, FOSS supplementals and review, STEM, NGSS and more!
Check out my instagram at: scienceschoolyard or on twitter @k5science gal and my blog at:The Science School Yard