I know at times teaching word problems can be a little challenging, but don’t give up hope. This product was designed to encourage students to think through word problems with guided questions. Such as what do I know? What do I need to find out? Which vocabulary word helps me determine the operation? Where should I place each number in the equation? And much more.
The packet includes:
* 12-word problems covering two of the following Common Core Standards
3.OA.A.1 through 3.OA.A.3, 3.OA.B.5, 3.OA.B.6 and 3.OA.D.8.
* Sentence frames for one of each Standard.
* An example of using this product as a lesson plan.
* Student/Teacher word problem template
* Operation Keywords Chart
* Word Problem Solving Chart
* Squirrel Number Bond Template
Teachers can use this product as follows:
* Use as a model and guided practice to demonstrate how to think through word problems.
* Use as a modified worksheet/accommodation for students with special needs.
* Use as a guide for group work.
* Use as a worksheet for math centers, assessment, independent practice homework and Common Core Standard review.
* Use the Word Problem Solving Chart for students who may prefer that template.
* Use the Operation Keywords Chart to help students learn some of the important vocabularies that help determines the operation when solving word problems.
* Use the Word Problem Template to make up your own word problems/steps.
* You and/or the students can use the Squirrel Number Bond Template to solve some of the word problems.