This lesson solves 15 practical finance problems with Excel. Topics covered include:
• The advantages and disadvantages of 15-year and 30-year mortgages
• The cost of bad credit
• The impact of house holding period and mortgage type on eventual house equity
• The amount of time it takes to pay back credit cards under different assumptions
• The impact of mortgage choice on the mortgage tax deduction
• The impact of student debt and consumer loans on the mortgage qualification decision
• The impact of the sequence of market returns on final balance in a 401(k) plan.
• The relative cost of the Toyota Prius and the Toyota Corolla
I have three goals in this boolk. The book attempts to teach people how to set up and solve financial math questions. The problems are used to show people how to work with spreadsheets and the financial function inside Excel. The problems are also designed to make the reader think through financial issues and choices.