This project guide is the perfect starter kit for teaching all about Sound! Your class will be making instruments out of recycled materials to learn about how pitch and volume is made. This kit includes:
• Letter home to the parents requesting used materials to gather for your projects.
• A planning guide to use on a SmartBoard or DocCam with the whole class to determine which materials you have and which instruments are realistic to make with those materials.
• Sample planning guide.
• Cut-out instruments to use on planning page.
• Independent planning page for students.
• Brainstorm web for students to use to describe their instruments.
• Pre-writing planning questionnaire.
• Writing paper with picture box for students’ final presentations.
• Scoring rubric for final instrument presentation.